As I sat, Friday night, folding a pile of laundry the size of Everest, I thought, "I have got to get on top of things." And I wasn't thinking about climbing on top of the big pile of clothes and towels on my family room floor. I meant, I need to figure out how to get more organized. It seems like things go really well for a while and then- BAM! If I have appointments, or someone gets sick (I had a headache the whole month of October) then all the hard work I have done goes out the window. I know I can't keep it up on my own- I am too outnumbered. So last night, I made, yet another, chore/schedule/homework/reminder chart for the kids. Each child will have his or her very own, detailed list of their responsibilities every day. I can't tell you how many of these I have tried over the years. I'm just hoping that one of these days one will actually save me more time than the time I spent making it.
Saturday was a good day. Although the inside of my house still looks like Hiroshima, I got some yard work done. I planted my tulip and daffodil bulbs and separated my day lilies. I have been talking bout doing that for years. And the kids were so excited, Randy put up the Christmas lights! Some years, it gets too cold, too soon and he doesn't get them up in time. So, luckily the weather cooperated with Utah Power and we will have a nice bill to show for it in January!
Sunday was my first time conducting Primary. Had I known what position I would be in, I would've paid more attention to the person conducting when I substituted my children's classes. People say I did well, but what else are they going to say? "Yeah, you looked pretty lame up there. Couldn't you think of anything more creative to say than that?" I think I have a better idea now of what I need to do. Next week will be better.
After church our home teachers came over- a young newlywed couple. Our children put on quite a show for them. Especially Nathan. He did cartwheels and talked up a storm. It's a good thing the wife comes from a family of 10!
The fun at our crazy house just never ends!
No comments:
Post a Comment