Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Scout Camp ‘09

hike Being the scoutmaster’s wife that I am, I have  grown accustomed to the week spent every summer without Randy.

People ask me how I do it. It’s not bad, because I know that he loves it, and he's good at it.

Here are some highlights from Scout Camp this year:

The scenery: breathtaking.  waterfall  

lake

The Polar Bear: temporarily losing your sanity and sitting under a rush of nearly frozen water for 10 seconds.

   polar bearrandy polar bear 

The Kaibo: daily trips to the stinky outhouse and retrieving fallen camera from said hole.

kaivo

Canoe Trip: canoeing across the lake…..

mirroe

……building your own shelter, and peeing in front of a bear during the night.shelter

The Bull Moose Award: receiving the highest award given at camp.

award

Home: arriving  safe and sound, albeit filthy.

scout_camp_09 119

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Those are great shots! That waterfall looks refreshing...not! You must expand on the camera/outhouse story....

Can't wait until Mas can join 'em :)

Jenny said...

Looks like fun and so beautiful! AAHHH, I miss Utah mountains!

Mindy said...

Do you think they'll ever take us? We could help do.. something.. clean the toilet.. cooking.. counting the ten seconds down? Looks like so much fun!

Case said...

for one it is spelled kybo it stands for keep your bowls open

Looking for Something?