Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Keeping my Eye on Something Else

Last year we were so crazy busy with sports and other activities with our kids, I was going nuts. I told Randy,

“Never again!” While we think staying active is vital, team sports were killing our family time. So we organized our own “Family Sports League.” Once a week, we get together with other families in neighborhood and play organized sports. Although the rules are slightly modified to accommodate the young and old, ;) the result is fun, fit, family time together.

492

I have always enjoyed baseball/softball, but my athletic ability is pretty pathetic. Connecting with the ball is not my forte. My whole life I’ve been told, “Keep your eye on the ball!”

Seriously?!!! What do they think I’ve got my eye on?!

All I can say is, I am glad my kids have their dad’s athletic ability.

368

393

 

371

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

396

 

 

 

 

 

 

405 

420  441

446

 

       

 

 

 

449

481

 

 

 

 

 

 

482

486

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

501

10 comments:

Natalie said...

So many great shots!! Family sports league is a hoot. Thanks for all your hard work to make it happen. :)

Jenny said...

Oh, this is such a great idea! I am not a fan of the time youth sports takes, but I still want my kids to have some athletic fun. This is awesome!

Rachael said...

That looks like so much fun! Did Emma hit anything? How cute is she!!!

TumbleBee said...

i like family sports league much better than sports on a team! it is just funner!! ( i don't think funner is a word.... oh well!:O)

Six-Pack Momma said...

Yes, even Emma hits the ball....that is why she is running in one of the pictures. ;)

Mindy said...

What cute pictures!! I love Emma's mitt...

WendyP said...

Hey! Carrie said you called. I know this sounds crazy, but could you email me @ wend034@hotmail.com

My speech therapist put me on voice rest in a desperate attempt to heal my voice a bit before I'm back to subbing. I'm not supposed to talk. LOL

P.S. I feel ridiculous. :)

Little Bee said...

I loved playing kickball with you guys when I was there.......... you guys just have a thing for sports... I don't! LOL




P.S. I updated my blog FINALLY

Traci said...

love the shots, the muscles on the boys! They are growing so fast....

Unknown said...

Brilliant move. I love that you're keeping your eye on the greater picture for your family.

Looking for Something?