Monday, August 10, 2009

Murphy’s law

I searched the house over time and time again for my camera charger. My main area of concentration was on my bedroom since that is where I typically keep all portable electronics (they are simply safer in there.) No luck. I resigned myself to ordering a new one from Amazon and was happy to see I could buy one for $11. Best part was, it had a car adapter. How cool is that? I can’t tell you how many times I have spent all the time packing for a vacation that the camera gets thrown in, last minute, with a drained battery. UGH.

Well, the anticipated day arrived and my new charger came with the UPS man. I hastily opened the package, only to find the charger was the wrong size. And I paid so little for it, it wasn’t even worth sending back.

Still determined to find my original charger, I held off on purchasing another and resumed my search.

After a few weeks of not using my favorite camera, I hopped on Amazon and found the right charger. It was only $3.99 for this one….with $5 shipping. Not too shabby. It came in the mail  last week. Just days before Hailey found this:

 

China Meadows 112 

……in my bedroom.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Story of our lives...

mitchclan said...

Wouldn't ya know it!

Julie said...

Ugh! Well at least you have a backup.

BookwormMom said...

Oh no...(I say this while laughing so hard my belly hurts!)...that is too priceless.

TumbleBee said...

i wasn't even looking for it! i just saw it and thought it looked like a camera charger!! so i gave it to you, and here we are!!! hehe, i don't see how you didnt find it before though, it was just right there, and i saw you taking everthing out of the dresser, and still.... no camera charger!!!

Looking for Something?