Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Missing: My Mind Camera Charger


I can't find my camera charger.

It typically resides in my bedroom of all places. So, today I set out to find it among the piles of odd things stashed there. Our bedroom becomes the 'hot spot' as Fly Lady would call it. When things need a temporary home, they end up in our master bedroom. If one pile begins, it becomes a magnet for other piles. And before I know it, my room has been totally consumed by orphaned objects.

Take a peek at the things I encountered on my quest today....


...an empty storage container, and a lid to an AWOL bin.....


.....a dart board...what else would we do for fun at night?....


...a snowboard that needs returning to its proper owner...



... FOUR bags of PTA junk to be sorted....



...Two Mervyn's gift cards....a lot of good those will do now....


....an extra shelf from our closet...


...miscellaneous items from emptied pockets....


...paper pieces from the kids' latest stint with the shredder....


....anonymous sunglasses left in the Jeep after a Boy scout campout....hmmmm...

...a bag full of school projects to be filed...


....two bags of baseball equipment + a box of field paint.....




....my good ol' St. Patty's Day pin I made in the 1st grade...yes, it's been on my dresser since March.....


...snowboard helmet, some Cub Scout stuff, and a T-shirt- all to be returned different places.
...a printer, a scanner and various cords and cameras- all to be donated....


.....two basketballs on a bookshelf....
....and the charger to my OTHER camera.....
I DID, however, find:
.....the missing blue pillow from my bed....under my bed.......




....Emma's missing shoe. In the old church bag of all places.....
....the pack of gum I bought the other day, and couldn't find. It was behind the computer for safe keeping from pilfering hands.....


....a cookbook, a yearbook, and The Camp Rock DVD....Emma and I really wanted to watch it the other day....

And last, but certainly not least:


...my Better Homes and Gardens 'Secrets at getting Organized'......
I still can't find my charger.

11 comments:

Kristen said...

I love all the things you find while trying find something else. Good hunting!

Mindy said...

I was reading that to the tune of the 12 days of Christmas :)
I hope you find your charger!

BookwormMom said...

I'm so glad it's not just me. We're clean, but attract clutter, and if a pile is started, you're absolutely right...it just attracts more stuff.

My bad spots are the counter by my fridge and by my stove...although I have 1 or 2 spots in my bedroom as well!

Julie said...

Even though you didn't find your charger, you found a lot of other fun stuff. I need to tackle my clutter spots as well.

TumbleBee said...

oh, finally we found the camp rock dvd! i've been wanting to watch that!

D said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you... for admitting you have the Dump-it-all-in-the-bedroom-sydrome-- because I do to! It brings me comfort to know I'm not the only one. You have courage because I don't think I could post it all! BTW- I have the same little wooden stand (the one with the t-shirts on it!)

Celeste said...

Are you sure you weren't searching in your garage? :) JK! My room has the catch all syndrome, too. Once or twice a year when I clean all the corners out, I feel so good! Then, it's back to the usual...

Unknown said...

Ha ha...me too. I have hot spots all over my house. It doesn't help that I'm only in my room to read and sleep at night. I really don't ever spend time there, so how can I actually clean it.

Come to think of it, I think I'm deathly allergic to cleaning.

Little Bee said...

HAHAHAHAHA HEHEHEHEHEHE HOHOHOHOHOHOHO NICE

Natalie said...

Ha! What a great post!!! Could the charger have been in your camera bag that I made you empty so I could borrow it? I'm pretty sure this is all my fault!
:)

WendyP said...

I have that same St. Paddy's day pin. It's been sitting in my jewelry box for ages. I have no idea where it came from. Hmmm... maybe I made it in school too.

Looking for Something?