Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Full-Fledged

Today it happened. My first-born became a teenager.
Casey's air-soft cake- complete with edible BB's


I don't know who planned this, but I now have a teenager AND a two-year old in the house. Quite possibly the worst predicament yet. ;)
This day seemed so far away for so long. But here it is. I am the mom of a TEENAGER! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
My teenager when he turned 1...seems like yesterday.

The last 13 years have been quite a ride. Here are 13 things I love about Casey:

1. He came out with eyes wide open....and he has been observant ever since! I have always said he would be a great spy....he can listen in on conversations like no body's business (pun intended.)
...when he entered this world....

2. He is absolutely full of personality. He is definitely one-of-a-kind! As a toddler, when he'd get especially rambunctious, my father-in-law would comment that he'd much rather have a kid like that than one with no personality. How true that is! Casey is full of it!

3. This boy is confident, and persistent. He does not give up easily- a quality that makes him a good salesman. He has come home many times with gifts people have given him because he somehow persuaded them he needed it.


4. He is a fabulous missionary. When he was baptized, he went door to door preaching to our friends of other faiths. He even delivered his first Book of Mormon to his friend across the street. He looks forward to, and goes Home Teaching with his dad every month.


5. Casey is sensitive and has a very giving heart. I have received numerous phone calls from people telling me of the kind deeds he has done.


6. Casey has a great imagination. Something I admire in him. Most boys his age have lost that capability.

This was his get-up for over 2 years. EVERY day. He really believed he was a firefighter.

7. I love his laugh (as evil as it is sometimes!)

8. He loves his family. Especially his dad.

9. He loves to read. I love that he loves to read, because I don't.

10. He's active- always on the move. Skateboarding, rollerblading, biking, you name it.

Check out that Ollie...his mom would be proud....

11. Casey is well-rounded. I don't know many kids that enjoy as many things as Casey does.

Daddy's little helper

12. Casey loves to learn. He doesn't necessarily love school, but he loves to learn. As a punishment once, I had to take away his encyclopedias. He thrives on new knowledge. Since he was little, he has enjoyed watching documentaries.



13. He puts up with an imperfect mom. Thanks, Casey!

I love you. Happy Birthday, son!

A full-fledged teenager.

13 comments:

Gramma224 said...

AMEN to everything! We love you Casey!

BookwormMom said...

Bittersweet....


My favorite memory is still the year of the Jedi Counsel!

Happy Birthday to Casey, and good luck to his amazing parents!

Kristen said...

Holy crap! Time flies. I remember when you were pregnant with him. We are getting old.

Julie said...

I'm sure you're not really old enough to have a 13-year-old. Happy Birthday, Casey.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Casey!! You rock!

D said...

happy birthday! can't wait to meet him someday-sure reminds me of someone else i know (randy). welcome to the club Christie (the I can't believe i have a teenager club!)

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday! You have one awesome teenager!

Rachael said...

A teenager yikes! He looks like the same kids in those younger pictures as he does now. His face hasn't changed much at all. Except for the fact that it's matured. How crazy is that?

Question: Sometimes when an older sibling become old enough to baptize younger siblings the parents let them do it (for the experience). So I'm wondering when Casey is old enough to baptize someone. Are you going to let his baptize one of his siblings?

Six-Pack Momma said...

I haven't decided on that yet. He would be old enough to baptize Nathan and/or Emma. So, we'll see when the time comes. I kind of think it should be dad....but ultimately, the decision lies with the one being baptized.

mitchclan said...

Congratulations on surviving this far! I don't have any advice, since I'm not there yet. I don't know if I'm looking forward to a teenage girl, or dreading it, maybe both!

Diane said...

I remember the little Casey! Wow, time flies!

Traci said...

I can't believe he is so big! Thanks for your comments on my blog~ I am glad that that sweet husband of mine finally called his brother, he is so bad! I know I know I could of called too, I just felt like it was his place with his siblings. What can I say, he's not so good at keeping in touch! Oh well, anyway, we are excited and a new adventure awaits!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a handsome young man he has turned in to......Are we that old? :(

Looking for Something?