Sunday, March 08, 2009

I'm Goofy

Mindy, Hailey, Casey, Randy, and me- I am the bank robber....preparing to brave the chilly mountain.

I snowboard with my right foot forward. In snowboarding terms, I'm referred to as "Goofy". After the events that transpired last Friday, I know why.




I have been told by more than one person that the more you snowboard, the better you get. They lied. This was my third time snowboarding and I was significantly worse than I was the first time I went.

The first thing that went wrong was the fact that it was night skiing....or snowboarding, in our case. In the mountains, in snow, when the sun goes down. It can't be good. My body doesn't work right when it is frozen. I wasn't able to turn my board at all. So in frustration, I did 'falling leaf' all the way down the hill to avoid falling flat on my face....that was until I came upon Julie.
We soon discovered the easiest way down the mountain.....sitting on your snowboard. Who knew snowboards double so well as toboggans?

If you choose to do this, however, it is best to strap the board to your ankle so your board doesn't end up torpedo-ing down the mountain and you end up riding down on the back of your friend's board....not that we would know that first hand or anything.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Good times. Thanks so much for all your help!

Rachael said...

Hahahaaa... Sounds like you gals had a blast! I like your mask, I was debating on whether to buy one or not when Jesse and I went. Needless to say that is not something I am planning on doing again. So I don't think I need the mask.

D said...

How funny- that's how I would snowboard too...Sitting down!

Nathan said...

That looks like...fun??? :-D I've never been snowboarding, but I definitely think I should sometime. I just think I might die on my first run...By the way, I LOVE the video :-D

Traci said...

Super fun post! We've always known you were a little on the goofy side! Sounds like it was a great time!

Diane said...

You're awesome! I love your posts.

Mindy said...

you two... i need the first pick to prove that you did that one thing at that bank ;!

Looking for Something?