Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Who Would've Thought...

...Hannah would be the first one to pack her bag and move out?


I came home from some PTA stuff today and there she was, packed and ready to go. When I asked her where she was going, she replied that she was moving to Lynn's house because, "They are a nicer family. And I would be the oldest. So people would listen to me."


I told her I loved her, and that it was nice having her in our family, and that we would sure miss her. Then I asked her if she needed a ride and I called Lynn's mom. She wasn't home.
Hannah waited on the porch for a good half hour watching for her to drive by. It wasn't until I pulled out the Hello Kitty flannel I had to make her new PJ's that she came inside. At that point, she simply said, "I'll have to wait until tomorrow to move."

I guess there's something to the whole middle child syndrome after all.

6 comments:

Gramma224 said...

Ah,I'm crying just thinking about Hannah. I don't remember you moving out, but I do remember Cathy trying to. She did it so often, I guess. She was always going to move to the Jones. The only trouble is that it was too far to walk around on the street to their house, and the fastest way was through a cornfield...but there were raccoons and I didn't want her to meet up with one. :) Sounds like you handled it just right, Momma. LUVU LUVHannah

Natalie said...

I remember packing my bag to move out...my mom actually helped me. I was thinking 'what the???". It was one of her Jedi-mind tricks.

I don't think its middle child. I think it is pretty much every child.

I love that you have a picture of her with bag packed...on the porch. That is awesome!!

Rachael said...

I'm so sorry Christie, I did not mean anything by my comment other than her being sad at that time ment she probably needed some time with her Mom to get over what was bothering her. I'm SO SORRY if you misunderstood what I said. That was not how I ment it to be taken. What's more you don't have to explain anything! I'm not here to judge, I love reading your blog. I thought it was funny. I'm so mortified that you took it the wrong way.

WendyP said...

I was the oldest in my family and I packed my bags a time or two. Once, I left in the night with a flashlight and was scared to death--but I had to prove a point! Haha...

Hannah will love that picture when she gets older.

Mindy said...

Lynn has done it... come to think of it, Ashley has done it too.. but I am not nice enough to let them pack the clothes and toys I've bought them, I tell them they have gotta find a family that is nice enough to provide for them... Hannah is always welcome to come to our house, then she'll see the REAL family Lynn puts up with :) She might just change her mind!

Diane said...

My kids don't care where they run... they just want to run away. Usually it's accompanied with "anywhere is better than here!" Hannah's story is much sadder since she had thought it out so clearly... :)

Looking for Something?