Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm Thankful

Our big celebration this weekend was definitely something our family is thankful for. Randy's big project was completed Wednesday- just in time for the holiday shopping. It has been a busy year for Randy. And we all breathed a sigh of relief as the kick-off parade ended smoothly with cars rolling down the 7 newly poured concrete lanes.

Wednesday morning, I loaded up the Suburban and we headed down to watched the inaugural drive complete with fire trucks, tractors and Santa. Although I felt a little out of place, we hung out in the tent with all the big wigs eating donuts, drinking hot chocolate, and listening to my man give a speech.

Thursday, we had a nice Thanksgiving dinner with my family. It was great to have them home this year. We had lots of yummy food and enjoyed the time spent with our family.
I headed out Friday with my SIL to do some Black Friday shopping. Randy was curious how the traffic was flowing on the newly expanded stretch of road. It was fabulous, to say the least. Anyone familiar with the road I'm talking about knows just how a typical weekend trip to the said road turns out. Not anymore. Randy had to see for himself and headed out later in the day to check out the traffic flow. He called me and told me at first he doubted many people were even out shopping. Until he reached an unimproved section of road, and saw the typical traffic congestion. And he realized all the hard work paid off.
I am not only thankful that it is done- but that my hard-working husband built a road that makes my weekly trip to Target smooth sailin'!

4 comments:

Gramma224 said...

Thanks again to Randy for doing such a great job! It WAS almost like there were less people on the road...but the parking lots and stores were crowded!

Mindy said...

Thanks Randy!!! I will no longer employ swears during my down-town treks...

BookwormMom said...

It took me a minute to realize this week that the road was done...and then be wonderfully impressed at how wondeful it really was to drive that stretch...I know it was a pain, but now I see it was totally worth it.

Anonymous said...

The road is AWESOME! Thanks Randy

Looking for Something?