Saturday, March 27, 2010

Nurse Nancy

It’s not quite 10 AM. And I know it will be a good day. You know why?

Well, Randy is gone on a campout and I was awaken much too early on a Saturday to clean up the contents of two stomachs.

Emma crawled into my bed, crying that her stomach hurt. I asked her if she was going to be OK, and she answered with more crying. In my half-asleep state, I convinced myself she was fine, and rolled to Randy’s side of the bed. She wasn’t fine.DSC_0162

After taking care of her, I crawled back under the covers, to continue my slumber. A little while later, I heard the bathtub running. It was Hannah. She had gotten sick downstairs where she had been sleeping. DSC_0163 

Then, as I was pouring smoothies, Tyler cut his thumb on a piece of broken glass. I put him at the sink, washing his bleeding wound. I turned around to get a BandAid and heard a loud noise as if someone had tipped over a stool. I turned around expecting to get after someone for messing around again, only to find Tyler face-down the tile floor. You see, Tyler inherited my ability-to-faint gene (I can’t say it has ever come in handy.) The poor kid had fallen straight back and hit his head on Nathan’s stool.  He was pretty shaken up but, after some Tylenol, rest, and TLC, he’s feeling better. DSC_0165

It’s all part of being Mom. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

10 comments:

Mindy said...

I am so sorry! Why do these things always seem to happen when Randy is gone on Camp outs? Hope it stops there for you and they get better fast!

Little Bee said...

Sorry! Heh- it looks like that couch has company today!


Btw, I am posting again!

Julie said...

Ahh, poor kids. At least they've got a terriffic mom taking care of them.

Kristen said...

What is it with kids puking when Dad's are gone on Camp-Out's?! Never fail one of my kids will get sick. BLAH! I hope your weekend get's better.

BookwormMom said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you had it all happen at the same time!

Isn't that the way it goes, though...(sigh)


Glad to see you back a little more regular!

D said...

Tragedies always come in 3's right? Let's hope it stops there. Now it's your turn for a little getaway! Hope everyone feels better soon!

Traci said...

I too concur! Nurse Nancy is one of our favorites here!

Jen T said...

Never a dull moment,huh? But I agree I wouldn't have it any other way either.

TumbleBee said...

I've never fainted, and i'm always gone when tyler does faint!! i'm glad hannah and emma are now ok, and that it was just a sick stomach!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts...you have a way of making everything, good and bad seem funny and manageable! Thanks for sharing

Looking for Something?