I couldn't ever figure out the sandwich situation at lunch time.....until recently.
When making sandwiches for the kids, I always ask them what they want on it, if they want a 'whole' or a 'half' and how they want it cut. Nathan would always tell me he wanted half. I would make him a half and he would get upset saying he wanted 'Two of them'! I would always remind him he asked for a half. But a recent conversation shed light on his requests:
We were cutting the sandwiches into different shapes, and I messed one up. He said, "it's OK if it has a hole in it. I used to not want holes in it, but now it's OK." Silly me!
-------------------------------------------
Casey was invited along on an Eagle Scout Project. The boy knocked on our door and invited Casey to come along to help get organ donors. Casey was eager to help, as always, and grabbed his scout shirt and left. He came back a couple hours later...."Mom, they weren't trying to collect money for a new organ in the chapel, they were asking people to donate their body parts in case they died."
2 comments:
That's just GREAT!!! :)
that's so funny! :)
Post a Comment