Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Bare Necessities


Never before have I seen a child so comfortable in their birthday suit as Emma is in hers. She sheds her clothes like a snake sheds it's skin...only with much more frequency. Like a hundred times a day. Since her recent potty accomplishment, the act has become much more prevalent. Although she is stinkin' cute when she's butt naked, it is usually frowned upon to wear nothing but your bare bum to the school. Or the dentist. Or to church.

The first public episode occurred several months back at the dentist. I had yet another tooth emergency and had no option but to take Nathan and Emma with me to the dentist. I wasn't worried about taking them because a nice family we have known for years runs the office and they have a kiddie corner complete with Disney movies. The nice receptionist assured me they'd be fine and she would keep an eye on them for me. After much too long in the chair, and as the dentist held a drill to my tooth, the lady came to me: "Ma'am, your daughter has taken all her clothes off. Would you like me to put her diaper back on?"
Um, no.....I prefer my children parade around naked...

Her days of tediously removing a diaper are long gone. She is pro now. With nothin' but panties, and not enough behind to hold those panties on, she effortlessly rids herself of unwanted clothing. Take for example- sacrament meeting.....

I try to be a well prepared mom, although I usually fall short. But not last Sunday. I remembered to pack an extra pair of underwear and a spare dress in my church bag- just in case. When Emma chose what she was going to wear to church, she decided on her blue 'Hawaii' dress. She also has a cute little pink Mu mu so I packed that one as the back-up.
She did a good job telling her teachers when she needed to go potty and she was dry all through church. Then, during Sacrament meeting, she got a glimpse of the beloved pink mu mu in my bag and decided she HAD to wear it. I quietly told her she could change when we got home. I turned my head to try and focus on the speaker (I know, what was I thinking?) and when I turned back to look at her she was sitting on the floor COMPLETELY NAKED! She did a total outfit change, underwear and all, right there in the chapel. Nice.


Monday was PTA day. I had Reflections stuff to do at the school first thing in the morning, and returned again after lunch. Nathan and Emma are pretty comfortable at the school. They know their way around and I have become a little too relaxed about letting them do their thing. They found some cones in the gym and I was just across the hall in the office. As I was wrapping up some business, a lady walked into the office asked if 'this child belonged to someone'. There stood Emma, naked from the waist down. Another proud moment.

Tuesday, I returned to help set up for the book fair. I felt pretty crummy, but had promised to be there. We have great ladies in charge of it, but I want to be involved and let them know I am there- so I went. As we were leaving, Emma took off in one direction, and Nathan in another. I had a stop to make at a classroom before we left and thought I would hurry and make it before rounding them up. You would have thought I would have learned from the previous day, but as you'll soon see, I did not.
When I finally located Emma, she was naked, once again. Luckily this time, she had made it into the bathroom. The boys bathroom, that is. She had found a cute little toilet just her size. A funny-shaped toilet hanging from the wall- with no seat. And she had pooped in it. When I arrived on the scene, she was fervently trying to find the toilet paper that was nowhere to be found. I showed her that the T.P. was in the stall and helped her wipe her little bum. Just then, two boys walked in, not knowing I was there. Emma ran out of the stall (still naked) and I grabbed her panties and shoes and apologized to the boys. I think they were in shock, because they continued with their business and never said a word. I hope thay aren't premantently scarred.

6 comments:

pebes2 said...

I love it!!! Kids are great.

pebes2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gramma224 said...

It's a good thing that you are a blonde...and hopefully have inherited my 'hair' genes. Otherwise, I think you will be gray in a few years. LOL

Heather H said...

That was a great way to start my day (and you might be glad to know that as I type this Olivia is sitting on our coffee table in her birthday suit) :) Have a great Halloween!

Mindy said...

Last story, best story..
Love that Emma!

TumbleBee said...

emma really loves to get undressed totally, but i bet she loves u a whole bunch more! just like me!!:)

Looking for Something?