I'm not talkin' the computer type of PC...I mean Politically Correct. The other day, Hannah was talking about something. I don't even remember what because I was distracted by her use of the term "Mail Carrier".
Me: "Oh, you mean the mailman?"
Hannah: "No. It's 'Mail Carrier"
Me: "But he's a man, right?"
Hannah: "Well, yeah, but you call him a mail carrier."
Me: "I call him a mail man."
Hannah: "But he's a mail carrier."
Me: "Who taught you that?"
Hannah: "My teacher."
Of course. How much mail does he actually carry? All I see him do is drive up to the curb and shove a few credit card applications and coupons into my box. Not much carrying going on there.
4 comments:
Boy, you have some cute kids! Your blog is so interesting! :)
hahahaha
Having 2 female cousins who are postal workers, I guess Mail carrier is ok...Although I call them Mail girls and they don't seem to mind...buy maybe that's just 'cause the're family and they know I love them...and we're all the Schenck girls still even though we've all married into normal names...
I noticed this with construction signs too. They used to say "Flagman Ahead" but now they day "Flagger Ahead". I guess it makes sense. Some of the things seem backwards though. Like actresses being called "Actors" now. Maybe that's part of the feminist movement?
Post a Comment