Monday, June 23, 2008

Need a Good Home

We have two kittens left. They are both so cute and playful. They are very cuddly and playful. I have had phone calls, but I guess I am too picky who they go to that I haven't been able to let them go yet. I had a man-woman call for our little Manx, Peanut. She got a little snappy with me when I misunderstood which kitty she was calling about. And then she referred to her other cat as 'stupid' and told me she has ferrets and sugar gliders, too. Not that there is anything wrong with either of those pets, I just imagined our little guy going to a filthy, smelly home. And an owner who may or may not think he is a good pet.

I want them to go to a family who will love them and play with them. That is why we let Sophie have kittens in the first place- we had such a hard time finding a kitten when we were looking. I didn't want to pay $300 for an exotic cat. I just wanted a cute little house cat that had been well cared for the first few weeks of it's life. We tried the shelter route and that kitty ended up getting a sick and died on us. Not to mention, it has been a lot of fun, and a very good experience for the kids.

Thanks, Jen for adopting little Indy. It's nice to know he has a good home! And thanks again to Nat, Min, Niki, and Cyndi for being surrogate moms while we were out of town. It means a lot to me! Nat, are you sure you don't want little Zoe? Jeff could get used to it...:)

I love that my kids learn to take care of their pets. They take turns changing the litter box and feeding them. They learn to love and sometimes to grieve. And having an animal brings a different dynamic to the house. It's just a good thing. So any of you reading this that has thought about getting a kitty...just look at these sweet faces and give me a call!



This is Zoe. She is a tiny sweet kitty with tons of energy. She chases her shadow and licks my feet. She loves to cuddle and snuggle on your lap.


This is Peanut (Butter). He is a Manx.....notice he has no tail. He and two of his litter-mates were born like that. Nothing is wrong with him, it's a genetic trait. He is a fun, playful guy. He falls asleep on your lap and loves to play with string and other toys.

6 comments:

Marissa @ Life is Fantasmic said...

I wish we could have one...
But 1. Justin is allergic to cats, and 2. We live too far away

Six-Pack Momma said...

OK all you that use allergies as an excuse not to take home one of these sweet, adorable, lovable kittens:

1. Randy is allergic- he just deals with it cuz he's a good guy.

2. Jen, my friend that took one of the kittens, is also allergic. She has another cat, and her allergy has actually gotten better over the years. It used to be bad, and now it's tolerable. Am I right, Jen?

BookwormMom said...

It's tolerable as long as I take my allergy med every day. However, I'm not just allergic to cats, I'm allergic to stuff in the environment too...

I love having the cats around, I love how Cosette curls up at my feet, and how Indy chases us around the house then sprawls out next to us on the couch and sleeps...and if you have toddlers, a manx is the way to go...I love that Indy doesn't have a tail to tempt Talia.

Mindy said...

why must you tug at my heartstrings!?!

Kristen said...

I would take another cat, except our current cat is VERY jelous and would be very mean to those cute kittens. Good luck!

Little Bee said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CUTE? ♥

Looking for Something?