Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Missing This…

As a surprise for Christmas, Randy had the first year of my blog made into a book. Like so many other things in my life, I had meant to do it for a long time. Seeing it there, in print, made me miss blogging more than ever. I cherish the stories told, the memories shared, and even the hard times recorded.

My life is busy, and I can’t see that changing any time soon. So I will have to make a more conscious effort to sit down and take the time to write. I enjoy knowing that somebody out there is reading my blog, and I feel an immediate reward when someone comments. Selfish? Yes. But knowing that I have so many memories of my growing family recorded forever makes me happy. Looking through the printed pages of my blog is the most rewarding of all. Cheesy? Yes.

Earlier this year, I had a lot of computer problems that were very discouraging. I had been working on a lengthy post about our fun trip to the Oregon coast when my computer crashed and I lost it all. Combine that with the busiest summer in the history of our family, and I really lost my blogging touch. I am not going to fool myself into thinking I can go back and post it all, but from here on out, I will try to capture the blog-worthy events in out home. And from time to time, maybe I’ll throw in a  little flash-back from 2010.

Just for my sake, you know.

7 comments:

BookwormMom said...

Yay!!!

Mandy said...

What a wonderful gift!

I have pretty much stopped blogging too. I think my blogging halt is mostly stress related. I'm much happier now, but super busy! I want to get back into it. I have some friends that I'm going to run my first 5K with. I have a visiting teaching partner that will help me accomplish that goal. Maybe comments will help me keep blogging? I sound like such a slacker that I need outside things to help motivate me.

Mindy said...

Can't wait for those flashbacks. :)

D said...

Welcome back! I've missed reading your blog! And how awesome of Randy! Did he use Blurb? I've never heard of a husband doing that! That is oh-so-amazing! Hope you'll post some pictures of it ;0)

Julie said...

That is such a thoughtful gift. Way to go, Randy! I think it's great you are back. I'm excited to read about this year and last.

Jen T said...

That is an awesome gift. I will have to hint to Ben next Christmas :) Glad you are back. Life is crazy busy, but it is nice when you can record it :)

Michele Marriott said...

I'm so glad you're writing again. I can't wait to read what you've been up to :)

Looking for Something?