We’ve been in our home 11 years. Which means nearly every appliance in our home is at least that old. I knew this day was inevitable and we were living on borrowed time. In the past year, we have seen several appliances in our home fail. First it was the microwave. Next was the fridge, then the computer hard drive, and last, the dryer. Intermixed with these large failings were the food processor, flat iron, toaster and problems with the blender.
Handy Randy does a fantastic job fixing things, but sometimes needs parts or tools he doesn’t have access to. However, he has had good luck extending the life of most of these useful gadgets. Except one.
Our poor dryer has seen too many loads of jeans in its day and simply had no more to give. But before giving up on it altogether, Randy thought he’d work his magic. He opened it up to give it a good cleaning and see what else might be wrong with it. Mind you, we have vacuumed out the dryer hose in the past and I am religious about cleaning the lint trap after each load. But apparently, a good deal of lint gets caught in the gut of the dryer.
We even found some lost treasure. How the harmonica got past the lint trap, I will never know.
Resurrection was not in the cards this time and the dryer drum is now used as a kid-size hamster wheel around our house.
Luckily, our friends were upgrading to a newer pair and gave us their old dryer. It will get us by just fine until we can save for our own.
Perhaps my favorite part of this long story is what Emma told me yesterday. As I was doing her hair, she said, “All the dryers in our house are old.”
“Yep, they are,” I replied.
“And so are the wetters.”
No comment.
7 comments:
Did you look at the heating elements or the thingy that regulates the heating element? With all that lint caught in the dryer itself, the things may have just burned out! Maybe you can still resurrect the dryer!! <3
Too funny, Emma! Glad you were able to get a replacement dryer to help you get by.
What!? Molly's papers weren't in there? ;)
I'm just surprised you didn't find any socks!
But at least your wetters are old. ;)
Holy Smokes, you are a great writer and I am looking forward to dinner on the 11th...We do have some things in common like the getting up in the morning thing...we will talk more later. Thanks for putting your blogspot on the email, I have enjoyed my morning so very much...Thank you! Wanda
Emma is awesome! Good luck with the new dryer!
Wowza! Can't believe how much lint was still in there! But I will remember to hide the kids' harmonicas in there!
Blessings!
Post a Comment