I saw the 3rd grade room I learned my multiplication tables, and where we played "Do you know the Muffin Man" so many times that year.
I walked past the room in which my mom and I made 'swish and swash' every week before school.
My fourth grade class where we made time capsules and clay ornaments. Where my science teacher gave me a Jolly Rancher when I got the hiccups, and everyone was jealous!
The drinking fountain where Eldon kissed me...ewww....
I watched the kids in the cafeteria and remembered all the times I had pretended to drink my milk just so I could go to recess. And the Christmas program where I stood on the risers and sang "All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth."
The stairs where we stood in line for school pictures and they always combed our hair and made it look worse than it was before.....but we got to keep the comb. :) Then there was the room across from the cafeteria where a small group of us, led by my own mom, read from the Jr. Great Books.
My 1st grade classroom where my teacher wore a blue dress with tiny flowers on it the first day of school. And my friend Elizabeth and I traded shoes and touched a pig's nose- making the front page of the local paper. She taught me to be funny there, too.
And the library where I presented my Free Enterprise Fair and took a babysitting class after school.
My kindergarten room where I shared a cubby with "Janelle" who was in morning kindergarten. And my teacher played the accordion as we sang "She'll be Coming Around the Mountain" and I wore my Strawberry Shortcake backpack.
I couldn't help but think maybe that is where Emma should go to kindergarten....if I send her at all.
8 comments:
Wow! You have a great memory. I don't know if I remember that much about my experience at Uintah. Maybe if I wrote it down...
Eldon! Did he go to Bonneville? If it is the same one...I remember him. awwww. I think I'm going to say a little prayer for Eldon right now....bless his heart.
Cute post Christie :)
What sweet memories!! I remember those combs and faking the milk drinking too.. I hope our kids get to make greater memories. That would make it all worth while..
What a vivid memory you have, I remember very little and it was even a great experience. Maybe I need to walk down my old school halls to jar my memory. Impressive and so sweet! It is so hard to send little ones off to school. The only thing that makes up for it is being in the classroom every week. That is so much fun~ And of course, the little ones LOVE it!
Christie,
I remember all of these things!! I remember when we made the jelly bean making machine (I think Mr. Dabb's class) and we all thought Lindsay Burt's mom made his, because it was the best, I remember the ramblin rootbear and when we got root beer :0) I remember 4 square, and tetherball, and sledding on the back hill with garbage bags...oh I miss those days!
Wow, I'm very impressed with all the details you remember. My elementary school is gone, but that would have been a neat experience to walk the halls again.
Uintah was my elementary...at least one of the 3. I remember so many things every time I go there..so I totally get it.
Thanks for reviving my memories as well. I spent a lot of days over at that school with the PTA which I knew nothing about when I was installed as president our second year there! LOL
Did you know that the Ramblin Rootbear died last week...Ben Day of the Coca cola Company. He really enjoyed entertaining the kids.
Swish and Swash! Haha... No wonder I have such tough teeth.
We were lucky no one lost their lives sledding on that back hill on garbage bags. We'd even make jumps to fly off. Also, my first grade teacher used to put a giant marshmallow in our mouths to keep us quiet. It would probably be considered a choking hazard now.
My 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Forsgren, taught us how to draw rabbits using a backward 2 to make the back leg. I still draw them that way.
I have great memories of MarLon.
Post a Comment