Randy with hours old Nathan.
Anyone who knows me well, knows that I don’t wake up in the night. Everyone told me once I had my own kids, I’d wake up. Nope. Not even with a screaming baby next to me. I know, sad, right? At our house, it has always been daddy who gets up with the kids (love you, Randy…)
Last night, however, something woke me: Nathan’s screaming and kicking. The poor kid had climbed into my bed and was in severe pain with a belly ache. I rubbed his tummy and tickled his back for over a half hour. I got him some medicine and talked to him calmly. I offered a heating pad and snuggled him close. But nothing worked, and his pain persisted.
It wasn’t until he switched to daddy’s familiar side of the bed that he finally felt better. After Randy soothed him for a few minutes, Nathan lost his dinner all over Daddy’s pillow.
…….Love you, Randy.
7 comments:
I have always known that Randy was an awesome guy, a great father.. but WOW.. he was just elevated a few more notched in my book. :)
eew!! i feel bad for dad!! yuck!
That post was going along so cute, then it got to the last part and... GROSS! What a awesome husband.
So, I want to know the trick for sleeping through the crying!! Come on! Share that little beauty! Tim, bless his heart, doesn't do nighttime wake-up calls. Way to go Randy. Fine. Ruin my perspective on dads after 11 pm.
What a cute post! I think you being able to sleep thru anything should constitute as another one of your super powers. HA!
Randy is awesome for always taking the night shift! Lucky girl :)
Need to be careful there! Randy will be the one they always go to to solve their problems and answer their questions! And, I bet he calmly cleaned up the mess and changed his pillow! Didn't he? He's a great guy!
I cleaned up the mess. But during the day, it's Mom all the way.
Post a Comment