Sunday, September 20, 2009

Skull Crack Trail

We took advantage of the nice weather and took the kids (minus Hannah who was a to a birthday party) on a hike yesterday to see the salmon spawning. 019

065

 

The scenery was gorgeous:

021

068134

 

Changing maple leaves are my favorite.  133

 

Seeing wildlife is always a treat.

025

 

Hailey and I heard a noise in the trees above us. We were surprised to see this:038 041 

Three more were hidden and flew out of the tree:054

 

We finally made it to the creek….078

 

Hailey was the first to spot one…..

081

 

A bright red salmon….091  085 

093

 

We watched this fish flip and his way down the shallow river.120

109 110 

The 4.6 mile hike proved to be too long for her short little legs. 137

Daddy’s shoulders are more fun, anyway.

6 comments:

D said...

That is such a beautiful hike. I've never seen samon up close like that. So cool!

TumbleBee said...

that hike was so fun! Thanks for taking us! Luv Ya!

Julie said...

Those pictures are so beautiful. I bet it was even better in person.

Celeste said...

You are way too ambitious. Great shots- oh photographer extraordinaire!

Traci said...

beautiful pics, I am still waiting for the first signs of fall here. Love the salmon pics.

Mindy said...

Such pretty pictures Christie..
What a great way to spend a Saturday with the fam!

Looking for Something?