Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Toilet Training in Progress

Well, I made the move. The litter box no longer resides in the mudroom. Instead, a roasting pan filled with some litter occupies the toilet bowl. Oreo found it a dandy place to rest.
Wierd cat.

But by this morning, I am happy to report that both kitties have successfully used their new potty. After a few days of them using it like this, I will cut a hole in a raosting pan and replace it. After a few more days, I'll cut the hole larger. And so on- until there is no more roasting pan with litter. Just a toilet with water. If all goes according to planned, we are going to put an automatic flusher on the toilet and then the days of worrying about kitty litter and a smelly mudroom will be over.


As far as Emma's training goes.....well, I'm thinking the cats will be easier. Not that Emma isn't ready; or doing a great job. It's just her lazy mom. Emma will insist on wearing underwear and she'll go potty every time I take her. The problem is, I am so busy that I forget she is in uderwear and she has an accident. Maybe when the kids are in school, and we have more one-on-one time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! It reminds me of meet the parents! All your cat needs now is apposible thumbs! But I guess if you're gonna put an automatic flusher, it won't matter!

Jenny said...

I had no idea you could train a cat to go on the real potty. Very interesting!

Natalie said...

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen! You amaze me once again!

Mindy said...

I must need some more exposure.. I never thought that was possible... maybe I could have a cat :)

Looking for Something?