Friday, August 08, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

We made it. We spent a week at Randy's parents. First, it was the reunion, and then we stayed for several days to hang out with my sil and her kids. While we had a fabulous time at Grandma and Grandpa's, there's no place like home. Randy's dad was so great- he drove us home! I dropped him off at the airport and he turned right around and flew home. It was so nice of him to do that. If he hadn't, I would have been driving home by myself and six kids. I can tell you right now, that the trip would have been much more stressful than it was. I most likely would have had a flip-out when Casey strangled Hailey. I would have had a meltdown when "it wasn't fair that I had to sit in the back;" and completely lost it when the DVD players wouldn't work. But instead, I was able to keep my cool and enjoy an adult conversation with only occasional interruptions.

......side note: Nathan was asleep the last leg of the trip. He was unaware of the detour to the airport. He just came to me and asked this: How did Grandpa drive us home, drive our car back to his house, and we got our car back? What a smart cookie! How did he think that through? Their little brains never cease to amaze me!!.........

Randy is still hiking- he'll be back tomorrow, and I can't wait! I am so glad he was able to go. Usually his backpacking trips include a gaggle of scouts. This time, it was for the pure enjoyment of the great outdoors, and tow of his best buddies. Hopefully, I'll have some absolutely gorgeous pictures to post from his excursion......

Yesterday was Oreo's birthday. I can't believe it was a year ago that Sophie hopped up on the couch next to me to have her kittens (litter #1) It was pretty amazing.......and no, I didn't forget that it was my niece's birthday, too. And Today is my sister's. Happy Birthday, everyone!!! (I thought I'd let you know that in celebration of your birthdays, I will be toilet training my cats... and Emma.....Wish me luck!!!)

3 comments:

Heather H said...

How nice of him to drive you! And good luck with all that potty training!

BookwormMom said...

I was really glad to drive by your house last night and see that you were home safely!!!! Welcome Home!!!!

Jenny said...

sounds like a fun week! enjoy having your hubby home...separation is so hard, even if only for a little bit

Looking for Something?