Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I'm a Nikon Girl

Woo Hoo!!!! I got my new camera! It is technically my birthday/anniversary/mother's day/ Christmas gift. But Randy got me birthday presents anyway. :) He got me an outfit and a fire pit thingy for the backyard. I can't wait until it warms up enough to use it. Mmmm, S'mores! OK, So I really don't like S'mores- it's just a song from an episode of Barney that I have seen a million times- but I do love roasting marshmallows and sitting around a camp fire!

After much agonizing over which camera to get, I decided on the Nikon D40x...when I went to place my order, I found that in the length of time it took me to decide on the camera, they no longer sold the D4ox...so I got the D60 instead. A few more features, a few more dollars. :) I love it so far! It came last Thursday, but between scrapbooking, emotions, and a congested head this week, (I still feel pretty crummy- maxed out on decongestants and pain relievers.) I haven't had the chance to play with it like I would like....but Tyler has a birthday coming up and I'm sure I'll have plenty of picture moments.

I ordered a telephoto lens and a camera backpack last night, and I am getting excited for our trip. I have been excited all along, I just need to take things one at a time. Birthdays are coming to an end (for the next six weeks or so...) and soon we can focus on trip preparations. I still need to buy Tyler's birthday presents, but we are relieved that he agreed to having his friend party when we get back. Now that our trip is a little over a week away, I am getting pumped. Although...I still need to do some shopping before we go....swimsuits and shorts might be a useful thing, eh?

Thanks, everyone for making me feel so special! I had a terrific birthday and loved every bit of it (in between blowing my nose.) I enjoyed the cards and gifts and phone calls from everyone!

One last thing....our momma cat, Sophie, is having babies again. We planned on letting her have another litter. It was so fun last time and it satisfied my baby hunger just enough (is that weird?) But the timing this time is not good. Remember this post? Well cats aren't supposed to go into heat in the winter. I had done calculations and tried to keep her inside back in February, but with as many people opening the doors around here, it was next to impossible. Needless to say, she got out, and we are expecting the kittens to be born shortly after we leave. No big deal, huh? Do you remember I had to bottle feed the last litter? And do you remember we kept one? A male. Not good. So I am hoping she has them before we leave and that she can nurse them all without complications this time. Otherwise, I need someone to move in. I think my sister thought I was kidding. I figure we will lock up poor Oreo until they are born so she can choose where she gives birth. After they are born, she will need to be locked in my closet with the kittens. I don't think Oreo would do anything, but I can't take the chance. Not to mention, Sophie already doesn't let him anywhere near her. By the time we get back, their eyes and ears will be open. and they will be walking. :( Maybe at least this way, I won't be quite as attached when it comes time to find them homes. But don't count on it

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Yeah! I'm glad you made your decision! I am sure you will love it! Good luck with your trip! I can't wait to see all the pictures when you get back.

Mindy said...

mer said we could check on them, he'd love it!

Brooke said...

congrats on the camera... good choice!

mitchclan said...

Have a great trip!! I'm sure you'll be thinking of us while it's snowing off and on here, ha-ha! Can't wait to see your pics!

Looking for Something?