We had a nice weekend. Tyler had a good birthday. He got some cool presents and especially loves his new stuffed tiger and art stuff. That's Tyler in a nut shell. I love that at eight years old, he loves those things. He did get an airsoft gun because Randy, Casey, and Hailey have guns and this way he can play, too. At his age, that is all Casey ever talked about. But it is the paint set and giant stuffed animal that he spends the time with. It proves, yet again, just how different each of my kids' personalities are.
Saturday Hailey had a soccer game (you'll be hearing that A LOT in the next couple months...) and we got the house somewhat in shape for the coming week. Randy's parents spent the night and left after breakfast Sunday.
We watched conference and after the first session went to our friends' house to watch the solemn assembly. She was kind enough to invite us and another family without TV over to sustain our new Prophet. In all, there were 14 kids between 2 and 12! We ate lunch and stayed for the second session. Needless to say, we didn't make the kids sit for the whole thing.
Today I felt the crunch. I looked around at everything I need to do for the upcoming trip and the headache hit. (...not like it ever really went away from the cold/sinus infection I had...) So here I am, bloggin', when I should be doing something more productive...just one more thing, and I'll get to work....
Tonight at dinner, Nathan was trying to decide what activity he wanted to be in charge of for Family Home Evening. Hannah suggested Ghost in the Graveyard and was teaching Randy the rules (I, for one, couldn't believe that there was a game Randy didn't know how to play- he just knows those things...) Nathan chimed in: "You try not to get touched-ed. That's the beauty of it!"
4 comments:
It's so true, isn't it? They are all so different, even if they might look alike.
I found you through you comment on Dawn's blog. That's three of us with 6 children!
I didnt know that you didnt have a tv, that is so great. I wish we could give ours up. Hope you are getting lots done today!
Tyler sounds just like Cayden! He loves Tigers and art stuff...he will take that over anything. I bet they would be good friends if we were still there!
Hey I can finally post!! Sorry, I had problems with my blogger account. But I've been reading anyway.
Happy Birthday Tyler!!!
Post a Comment