Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wowzers!

Can I just say THANK YOU! To all my friends who have called asking what they can do to help me! I have the best friends EVER!! It really shouldn't be difficult to get ready to go. I mean, it's only packing for eight people for 15 days....I don't understand what the difficulty is....

Oh yeah....I have a cat getting ready to give birth. So I need to write her birthing plan.....

Maybe it's Nathan who decided this week would be a good one to a:) mess in his pants and strip down on the front porch and solicit help from a friend driving by. b:) trip and fall and practically bite off his tongue on his way to tumbling, while running there without the adult required to accompany him to class (ie: ME) c:) Slip on some spilled milk in the kitchen and in the process, spill his own bowl of sugary cereal milk all over himself and the newly mopped floor.

Really, I think it was the little detour to the dentist (AGAIN!) for a quick, 1 hour, not quite root canal, but will hold you over 'til you get back...

On second thought, it was the hair-brained idea someone got to make matching T-shirts for the clan to wear to, you know where, so we could easily spot a wandering wee one in a crowd. And the fact that no matter how many stores were searched, matching yellow shirts were not available in the wide range of sizes needed, so a little RIT dye was in order.

And then there was the ever-so-fun notion of letting the kids each decorate their own tote bag to carry their 'keep me occupied' stuff in.

And why do I wait until the last minute to do all these things, you ask. Well, because that is just me. It's not like I haven't tried. Remember, we did clean the house on Saturday. But if you came over right now, you wouldn't know it. And I have been shopping for weeks, but lets just say I am glad stores let you return things.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

aren't you so glad to know that it will all be worth it?! just more pre-trip memories!

Sister Gramma said...

I'm sorry that you are going through so many little trials,but it does help you remember the trips. "The Year of the Tornado" "The Year of the Flood." "The year 10 of us had to come down from the mountains piled into a Bronco because the other car broke down." It won't make you feel any better, but I just cut off a pair of Dockers too short trying to help a poor student who needed his pants shorten. Now I have to go into town and find another pair for him....

Heather H said...

I hope you are getting lots done today!! I too should be starting to get ready for our trip but instead I decided to organized the kids toys today.

Jenny said...

Whew! You are making me tired with your post! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see the pics from Hawaii!

Celeste said...

You are way too ambitious. Relax & have fun!!!

Looking for Something?