Monday, August 09, 2010

We’re All Together Again

Whew! What a summer this has been. We have hardly been home. First it was off to Oregon for our family vacation. As soon as we returned from that trip, Randy, Casey and I headed to a pioneer trek for three days. After one day of rest, I sent Tyler off to Europe for two weeks with his grandma and grandpa, and cousin, Trevor. There went the first month.

The next two weeks were filled with practices for the big youth spectacular Casey participated in. Then Molly had puppies. 10 of them. Yes, it was planned. I know, I’m a glutton. Randy was (and still is) busy with work while he prepared for the biggest scout camp to date with his 19 scouts. There went the second month.

Two days after Randy and Casey got home from camp, I kissed Casey goodbye at EFY for a week. The next day, Hailey and I headed to girl’s camp. We returned Friday, and Randy loaded the Suburban with the four younger kids and left for a family reunion in St. George. Saturday morning, Hailey and I made the trek to Provo to retrieve Casey. Randy and the kids returned just before 5:00 on Sunday. Just in time for the post-trek fireside.

And while we enjoyed every bit of it, I sit here- happy to be home on a Monday with nothing to do. Yet I can’t help but wonder- how we can finish out our summer with a bang?

4 comments:

D said...

So that's where you've been this summer! How fun is all of that?! Enjoy the nothingness of long summer days now!

Celeste said...

Man, I feel lazy compared to your list! :)

Jen T said...

I think you already had your bang :) Crazy! Are you ready for the schedule of school?

Mindy said...

I am trying to figure out the same thing.. I don't think you should be allowed to leave that much next summer... ;)

Looking for Something?