
On the first official day, I thought I’d share my top ten reasons I’m glad it’s summer.
10…No more giant stacks of paper to sort through EVERY day!
One day’s worth of papers from my second grader. Can we please go green and stop this madness?
9…No more bedtime-routine fights.
Let ‘em drop where they are.
8…No more morning-rush mess to clean up.
We were all out the door that morning and it stayed like this all day. Just keeping it real, people.
7…No more PTA meetings.
Had great company and lots of help, but I’m glad I’m done.
6…Being lazy.
I’m tired, man.
5…Going on hikes.
Yes, that’s Hailey carrying Casey. Maybe next time I should have her carry me (see #6.)
4…Eating s’mores.
Have you ever tried them with peanut butter cups? Just sayin’…
4….Lemonade stands.
How could you resist this?
3…Going swimming.
Even better when dad comes along.
2…Camping.
Hey- Randy does the cooking and cleaning. ;)
1…Spending more time with the crew.
Longer days and nothing to do. Does it get any better than this?
6 comments:
I'm starting to really believe your return to blogging isn't just a tease....
;)
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's kitchen looks like that on school mornings...although I'm perplexed that my 3 kids make the same amount of mess as your 6.....
Bring on Summer!
Did you sneak into my kitchen to take that picture of the mess?
I have to say your pictures are turning out AWESOME these days. Love the hiking one. Did you photoshop that, or just use a special lense?
Love the first picture of Emma! I agree about the paper stacks! Ugh!
I am lovin' summer! No more worrying about homework, or waking up on time! I agree with you on most of those reasons-(i'm not a pta president:))
I am right there with ya.. wish I REALLY were, but across the street is good enough for me!
Love it! I'm enjoying my kiddos, but between pregnancy blahs and being a dissertation widow I had a rough start to the summer! I hope to have my husband back before summer is completely over. We want to get in one camping trip and a temple trip.
I really love the picture of Nathan with his birthday cake. It is priceless.
Post a Comment