We certainly haven’t wasted any time. Summer flew by without letting me blog about all our fun adventures. And now that the kids are back in school, I see that we certainly aren’t slowing down. I have spent the past several weeks filling out paperwork and signing away the bank account getting the kids ready for school.
Although Nathan just started first grade, being at school ALL
DAY isn’t new to him. Even so, he fell asleep twice after school the first day- once on our stairs and the other at his friend’s house. And we are off to a good start in the morning- he threw a tantrum over changing his shorts on day three. This should be a fun year.
Hannah is excited to be in third grade, and I know she’ll do well….I am a little worried about the homework, though (Mrs. L- if you’re reading this, just know we will try.) You see, Hannah is the type that needs a reminder. And…well, so is Casey. And since he is in 9th grade this year (and it ‘counts’,) that is where my priority will lie. I’m just sayin’….
In 5th grade, Tyler is my oldest in the elementary school. That
seems strange- didn’t he just start talking? In any case, he's happy to be the responsible one and look after his younger sister and brother. Especially since Nathan wasn’t at his school last year.
Hailey is a busy girl. She was elected a 7th grade officer and she made the softball team! She is excited for both, and I am happy, too. She bores easily and needs the challenge. She is excited to have her own locker and all the different teachers she has.
Casey has been running Cross Country all summer with the high
school. I am really proud of him and his determination. He woke up early four mornings a week all summer to run. He is also determined to claim his position as 9th grader and remind Hailey of her status as a “Sevey”.
Ready or not, here they come!
7 comments:
Whoa, so much going on and they haven't even had a full week of school. Your kids are so great! I hope they all enjoy the school year (and you too).
Such cute pictures, as always, Christie! I love the shoe picture!
It's funny how my first grader seems so much bigger/older to me than your first grader. I know it's just because he's my oldest child. Every now and then I look at him from a distance and he seems really young, but usually I'm just marvelling about how BIG he's getting!
I love your pictures and descriptions. You have all the odd grades this year.
Your children are so beautiful!! I hope this school year goes great for you all.
Wow...I hadn't realized how much your kids had all grown up over the summer...
Hailey has lost all her "little girl" look...
Casey looks like a 9th grader...
Crazy!
(however did you get pictures of them all together on the first day, with the different schools and all...I was puzzling over how I'm going to do that next year!)
Love the pictures!! Love the one of all of them together.. Congrats to Hailey!! That is awesome! Can't wait to see what they all do this year.
Love the picture. I too feel like I am going broke buying shoes for everyone! Hope it is a good year!
Post a Comment