Saturday, June 19, 2010

Shark Boy and Mama’s Girl

Happy birthday to my two youngest kidlets….

Nathan turned 6 on May 15th. While he still likes pirates, his newest obsession is sharks. So you can imagine my surprise when he asked for a gun cake.

Being the awesome cake decorator I am, I frosted the cake and stuck a dollar store squirt gun on top.

070.NEF

Hey- he was happy with it, and that’s all that matters. ;)

108.NEF

Nathan composed his birthday wish list a month and a half before his birthday. Strangely, it was identical to the birthday gifts his brother received. We obliged, adding a few unique gifts to the stack.

He was thrilled with everything he got.

153.NEF

After playing with some of his new toys, we moved outside to do his piñata. Funny thing about that piñata….it had been sitting on a shelf in my room for the past year. I know, I really think ahead. Okay, okay, I bought it for his 5th birthday and, well, it didn’t happen. So I filled it extra well this year and we were all happy.

pinata

Emma’s birthday followed soon after. She turned four on May 25th. 4, I know! When did she get so old?

emma four fingers

She has been my little PTA helper this year. Sitting through countless meetings and dragged to schools all over town, she was quite the trooper. We had fun, and she made some unlikely friends. One of which dropped off a little gift for her that day.

131.NEF A handmade soap cupcake from my treasurer, Cheryl.

She loved all her presents. Even the goofy cake I made her (see, mad skills, I’m telling you.)  

emma 4

After cake and presents, we all had a great time playing with her Play-Doh.  What can I say? We are easily entertained around here….

playdoh

2 comments:

D said...

Welcome back! As I said, it's so fun to read your fun take on everything. Love the toys plopped onto the cake- so practical!!! I did PTO all year with Lauren by my side as well. Loved it- I think that is my fondest memory of the whole thing :)

Mindy said...

I am lovin' the pics!! You are awesome and they will have some great memories.

Looking for Something?