Thursday, April 08, 2010

What are the Odds?

If Tyler lives to be 99, his birthday will fall on Easter only 4 times (2010, 2021, 2083, and 2094.) With those odds, you’ve got to milk it for all it’s worth!

The little sneak managed to spread his birthday out for several days. Can’t say I blame him….

On Wednesday, before the kids got out for spring break, he took doughnuts for his class.

We had his birthday dinner of salmon and mashed potatoes on Saturday night before the ‘men’ left for the priesthood session of general conference. Then we went to Grandma’s and Grandpa’s to party.

On Easter Sunday (his real-life, actual birthday,) he opened his presents and spent a good part of the day enjoying them. Then the whole family went to G and G’s to party some more.

 DSC_0502

DSC_0497

Monday, Randy took the boys out to fly Tyler’s new glider while I took the girls to buy swimsuits. That evening, we all went to the dollar theater to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel. And due to the high consumption of sugar the previous day, we saved his cheesecake and sang to him that night.

DSC_0552

What a way to celebrate the big 1-0!

6 comments:

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Happy 10th! Your posts are always so fun to read. I remember my birthday being on Easter once when I was younger and I thought it was awesome. In 2019 my b-day will be Easter once again....can't wait. I'll have to take some tips from all of you on partying it up.

Brooke said...

that's was i need for a birthday cake... cheesecake... yum

Mindy said...

That is the way to celebrate. Happy 10th Tyler!

BookwormMom said...

I've always felt it should be a birth Month, not a birth day....

More power to Tyler to stretch it out!

Of course, since all my kids (along with Cole and I)were born by holidays, we tend to stretch out their birthdays...

Gramma224 said...

Well, We just realized the other day that we didn't give Tyler his gift! So, it is being stretched even more...even yours too, when we have our April Birthday Party. I'll check with the others and see how Sunday night would be.

Julie said...

Happy birthday, Tyler. Way to go on spreading it out over multiple days.

Looking for Something?