Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Better Late Than Never

I’ve had this post written for almost a week now. Someone interrupted my plans last week (more on that later…) and I never got it published.

We colored our eggs the Sunday before Easter, in preparation for  the busy week ahead. I absolutely LOVE colors. I don’t have a favorite- I just love color. Every color. I love different combinations of color. So dyeing Easter Eggs is some pretty major eye candy to me. Not to mention it is lots of fun to do. I love that it’s something we can all do together, no matter the age.

egg coloring

 

The annual reading of Oswald the Rabbit in Easterland was a hit as always.    053

We had plans to take off for the long weekend (what we Utahns refer to as ‘Spring Break’) to go camping. We really wanted to do it- even with two birthdays and Easter thrown in there. But the weather was simply too cold to camp with kids, so we stayed home.

Friday, Randy took the three oldest on one last snowboard trip of the season. The younger ones and I had a fun afternoon playing with friends.

Easter morning, the kids found their baskets filled with some goodies- the best of all, season passes to a local waterslide!

easter morning

Those darn eggs are getting harder and harder to find each year.

Our traditional silly string war was a blast! It took Emma a little while to figure it out, but once she did- look out! She showed no mercy!

silly string

We really enjoyed General Conference at home. The kids are getting so good at sitting and listening the whole time (Of course, we all needed something to help us focus.)

After conference, we headed to my parents’ for Easter dinner (all the while, Tyler basking in his birthday glory.)

5 comments:

Rachael said...

I look forward to those days yet to come... when my kids will sit and listen to conference.

Mindy said...

I love that shot of Emma getting Casey! What fun times. Your shot of them all coloring eggs around the table is priceless.

D said...

I like the green fingers with the Easter Eggs. The string war is a very fun idea. It must be the thing to do to leave swimming goggles from the Easter Bunny- they left them for 4 girls at my friend's house while we were there! Fun memories for you guys!

Rachael said...

Hey Christie - good to hear from you. How is your family? Everyone looks wonderful! Give Randy our best.

Mandy said...

That silly string battle looks like such a fun idea! I think we'll try that next year.

Looking for Something?