“OWIE! OWIE! OWIE!”
This sound has become too familiar at my house lately. Nathan plays outside, gets ‘hurt’, and comes in screaming as if an appendage has been severed from his body. 10 out of 10 times nothing is really wrong with him, so I have learned to ignore it. As you can imagine, I was slightly annoyed today when his cries woke me from my nap.
I heard Randy talking calmly with him, but the crying continued, so I got up to investigate. When I saw Nathan laying on the couch, there was no visible blood, and I questioned what had happened. Then I saw this:

“WHAT IS THAT?” I asked
“A stick.” was Tyler’s calm response.
A stick, sticking into Nathan’s head.
The kids love to pile the leaves on the tramp and play in them. It’s better than jumping into a pile on the hard ground, and we do it year after year. They had been playing the the leaves, and Nathan fell, being impaled by a hidden stick. Tyler, being quick-minded rushed him into the house to his dad (who isn’t desensitized by the wolf-crying.)
I held him still (which is a strong indication of my muscliness…) and Randy performed the operation. Check out the size of this thing!

I can’t help but think: If he had been wearing his helmet, this never would have happened.
13 comments:
YIKES!!!!! I can't believe he survived the operation....good grief! It is a good thing that you and Randy are so talented~
Wow! Impressive you guys took care if it by yourself!
It is all so clear now.. those danged trampolines!!!! ;)
I hope he feels better soon, finds his helmet, and forgets how bad it hurt.
So, I think that you all were very brave. Did Randy have to do stitches too??? I can't believe there was no blood!
It's like the day Andrew slammed his thumb in the door and the nail pulled out of the bed. He was shaking his hand around because it hurt like heck and blood was spurting out of his thumb all over my front entryway. Luckily it was tile!!
Thanks for sharing your adventure! Just a day in the life!
Karen
Wow....hope he feels better soon and it is all forgotten. It's amazing how we live through childhood to be an adult. So many things to go through.
Oh, man. That looks painful. I sure hope he is doing alright. And, hey, maybe the helmet's not such a bad idea.
Yikes! Good thing you guys stay so calm in these situations. Maybe we should re-think all of our leaf-jumping on the trampoline that we do too.. or maybe just try the helmet idea.... :)
Oh my goodness! I hope he doing better. Good thing you and your husband knew what to do.
You know, I'm happy to perform surgery if you ever need help.
OUCH, that is one big splinter!
ouch! You were braver than I would be! Bless his heart!
poor nathan, he is always getting hurt. Still that cry of his makes is sound like he is dying when all it is is a little bump on the head or whatever!!
Ah, I think we suggested many years ago that Nathan should wear a helmet at all times, but NO, no one listened to us. LOL...as if you could keep it on his head anyway. That was no ordinary stick...and no ordinary "operation". Almost reminds me of Gavin's little accident.
Loveyou xoxoxo
Post a Comment