Yesterday we ventured out. I know- amazing. We really try not to take everyone places where they can't run free. It's a little chaotic. And what's more, we went with another family. That probably won't ever go anywhere with us again. You see, they have two (mellow) boys- 11 and 16. I'm sure they are rethinking their relationship with our family this morning.
We went to see the Joseph Smith movie and to see the lights. The last time we went to see the lights, we lost Hailey. It was less crowded this time, so I wasn't as worried about misplacing a child. Although they would branch out into various different formations, I was able to keep my eye on most of them....most of the time.
That wasn't torture enough, so we went to our favorite restaurant. It is a themed restaurant with cliff divers. The kids absolutely love it and we try to go once a year. Even with call ahead seating, we waited 45 minutes. My kids were having races and jumping contests in the lobby. I didn't stop them because I figured if the employees got annoyed enough, maybe they'd hurry it up a bit. Not sure it worked. Once seated, my kids did anything but stay seated. They continued their races through the hallways and climbed all over the rocks. At one point, I had to stop Nathan from jumping in the pool. In spite of all this, we really had a good time.
Anyone up for a night out with our family?
2 comments:
ME! ME! PICK ME!! ;) Sounds like fun, I bet that family's 11 year old would have been some stiff competition on one of his good days..
Great pics! Sounds fun...
Post a Comment