Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mayday

A few years back, I came to the realization that December has been outdone. Everyone always talks about how busy December is. Don’t get me wrong, I agree with it being a doozy- we even have a birthday thrown in there. But May trumps it by far.

This year, I have had the luxury of no PTA duties and STILL have a full month. Every time I turn around, money is needed for a fieldtrip, someone needs a ride, and I need to be in 4 places at once. Throw into that: TWO birthdays, Stake Girls Camp to plan, end of year school projects, concerts to attend, and a busy as ever husband, and I desperately need that elusive maid.

We even cancelled all sports three years ago after this:
[may08.jpg]

In anticipation for our busy night tonight, I thought ahead. As in, last night Randy and I talked about the events happening tonight. We talked (OK, more like I talked while he tried to brush his teeth) about different scenarios and the best plan of action.

I had my day planned out, and things were looking good. It was time to take Hailey to the school for her choir concert. She needed to be there early and I took Tyler and Hannah along to save seats with me. Casey stayed home with Nathan and Emma and I told them Randy would be home soon to bring them to the concert.

I felt great about the 10 seats we snagged on the third row and waited for the gang to arrive. Grandma and Grandpa got there not long after I did. The director stood up to begin the concert just as Randy walked in. Without any kids in tow. A brief exchanged of words revealed the mix-up: out of all the possible you-go-here-I’ll-go-theres, neither of us could remember what we actually decided on.

No harm done. But I’m ready for June.

5 comments:

Paparazzi Boutique said...

I feel your pain. Hang in there. Too funny...we must think alike...earlier this week I made almost an exact post to my blog...picture of our crazy May calendar and all. I agree with you, May is way too busy!

Paparazzi Boutique said...

P.S. See you at the band concert tonight! :-)

BookwormMom said...

That's exactly how I feel....I used to love May, but this month has just felt frantic.

6 more days....we only have to get through 6 more school days.

D said...

You guys are so funny. I guess you can either laugh or cry. Laughing is funner ;)

Rachael said...

I love the comment about you talking and Randy listening :) That about sums up my marriage sometimes when it comes to organizing the kids schedule. It's almost like you just need to say the stuff out loud and have someone tell you if you missed something. Life is crazy.

Looking for Something?