Friday, February 03, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Last spring when Tyler broke his leg, people were surprised at Tyler’s answer when they asked if he’d ever go snowboarding again. Those people have never raised a boy. By nature, they don’t sit around. And they certainly don’t have fear. Tyler may be quiet, but he is 100% boy.

I am proud to report that Tyler has returned to the world of snowboarding. Not the least bit hesitant, he was excited to hit the slopes this season. The weather hasn’t provided the best powder conditions this season….until recently.

His first time back, he went with a friend. Tyler was sad when his friend, Jason, moved across the country. But his mom promised they’d be back to visit. She made good on that promise and they came for a ski trip a couple weeks ago. Tyler was in heaven as they spent the day snowboarding and sledding together. He came back soaked to the bone, but with a grin so big- he couldn’t stop!

Tyler and friends snowbaord 2012

And then yesterday, the kids got out of school early for parent teacher conferences. Another friend invited him to take off in the afternoon to carve up the mountain once again.  Does this look like a kid afraid to get back in the saddle?

 

Tyler snowbaord 2012_2

 

I think not.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I love that last picture!

Melinda said...

Wow..boys! I would never be able to do that..but he is great! I'm glad he was able to heal and is able to go out and do it again! How brave!

Jen T said...

Wow! No fear :) Great pictures!

Looking for Something?