(that we proudly put together last night) would survive the trek - and yes, Grandpa and Grandma, that is Pearl Harbor. He barely made it in time for his school picture. And while I was buying pictures of the four older ones, I should dress Nathan and Emma for pictures as well. This was all while watching two friends' kids while they went to doctors' appointments. I took Hannah to kindergarten and thought it would only take a minute to snap pictures of my two adorable children. Emma was a breeze. She sat up there so big and made cute faces at the photographer. Then it was Nathan's turn. The kid who always smiles and makes everyone laugh suddenly lost the ability. Now he was showing me how stubborn he could be. The bribes had no affect. Finally, out of desperation, we walked down to Hannah's classroom, thinking maybe if he saw the "big" kids do it, then he would, too. Worked like a charm. He got right in line with the biggest grin I have ever seen! He smiled the whole way to the gym. He waited patiently in line and handed the man his card. Then he stepped onto the same platform I couldn't get him within three feet of a few minutes ago. He still had the giant grin, but now it was coupled with raised shoulders and his hands in between his legs. He could not contain the excitement. I wish I had my camera there because we retook that picture with a more normal looking head-shot. By now it was 1:15. Where did the day go? At 1:45 I had to return to the school to pick up Casey for an eye appointment. I guess the freaky wandering-eye thing he does is on purpose. There went $25. You would think by age 11 he could communicate that to me. So by then it was 3:15, everyone else was coming home and we start the after-school routine. My laundry was in a pile, and the dishes were, too. The floor wasn't swept and I didn't know what was for dinner. A pretty typical day around here. Good thing tomorrow is Saturday.
Friday, September 28, 2007
It's Friday!
Today wasn't suppose to be a busy day. I was going to get some cleaning done. But as always, my quiet day at home ended abruptly. It was picture day. I wasn't planning on buying any, but after making sure everyone was presentable for their yearbook pictures, I decided I should probably take advantage of it and buy some. I drove everyone to school so Casey's diorama
(that we proudly put together last night) would survive the trek - and yes, Grandpa and Grandma, that is Pearl Harbor. He barely made it in time for his school picture. And while I was buying pictures of the four older ones, I should dress Nathan and Emma for pictures as well. This was all while watching two friends' kids while they went to doctors' appointments. I took Hannah to kindergarten and thought it would only take a minute to snap pictures of my two adorable children. Emma was a breeze. She sat up there so big and made cute faces at the photographer. Then it was Nathan's turn. The kid who always smiles and makes everyone laugh suddenly lost the ability. Now he was showing me how stubborn he could be. The bribes had no affect. Finally, out of desperation, we walked down to Hannah's classroom, thinking maybe if he saw the "big" kids do it, then he would, too. Worked like a charm. He got right in line with the biggest grin I have ever seen! He smiled the whole way to the gym. He waited patiently in line and handed the man his card. Then he stepped onto the same platform I couldn't get him within three feet of a few minutes ago. He still had the giant grin, but now it was coupled with raised shoulders and his hands in between his legs. He could not contain the excitement. I wish I had my camera there because we retook that picture with a more normal looking head-shot. By now it was 1:15. Where did the day go? At 1:45 I had to return to the school to pick up Casey for an eye appointment. I guess the freaky wandering-eye thing he does is on purpose. There went $25. You would think by age 11 he could communicate that to me. So by then it was 3:15, everyone else was coming home and we start the after-school routine. My laundry was in a pile, and the dishes were, too. The floor wasn't swept and I didn't know what was for dinner. A pretty typical day around here. Good thing tomorrow is Saturday.
(that we proudly put together last night) would survive the trek - and yes, Grandpa and Grandma, that is Pearl Harbor. He barely made it in time for his school picture. And while I was buying pictures of the four older ones, I should dress Nathan and Emma for pictures as well. This was all while watching two friends' kids while they went to doctors' appointments. I took Hannah to kindergarten and thought it would only take a minute to snap pictures of my two adorable children. Emma was a breeze. She sat up there so big and made cute faces at the photographer. Then it was Nathan's turn. The kid who always smiles and makes everyone laugh suddenly lost the ability. Now he was showing me how stubborn he could be. The bribes had no affect. Finally, out of desperation, we walked down to Hannah's classroom, thinking maybe if he saw the "big" kids do it, then he would, too. Worked like a charm. He got right in line with the biggest grin I have ever seen! He smiled the whole way to the gym. He waited patiently in line and handed the man his card. Then he stepped onto the same platform I couldn't get him within three feet of a few minutes ago. He still had the giant grin, but now it was coupled with raised shoulders and his hands in between his legs. He could not contain the excitement. I wish I had my camera there because we retook that picture with a more normal looking head-shot. By now it was 1:15. Where did the day go? At 1:45 I had to return to the school to pick up Casey for an eye appointment. I guess the freaky wandering-eye thing he does is on purpose. There went $25. You would think by age 11 he could communicate that to me. So by then it was 3:15, everyone else was coming home and we start the after-school routine. My laundry was in a pile, and the dishes were, too. The floor wasn't swept and I didn't know what was for dinner. A pretty typical day around here. Good thing tomorrow is Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment